Riding the bus is a great way to save yourself a little money and cut the stress from a frustrating commute. Rider Transit offers some helpful hints on how to make the experience pleasant.
Save more without the stress.
- Arrive at the bus stop at least five minutes early.
- When waiting for the bus, stand at the nearest bus stop sign.
- Each bus is identified by the route name located on the top front of the bus.
- Do not approach the bus until it has come to a complete stop.
- Rider buses are equipped with automated voice and text messaging making stops easily identifiable.
- Enter through the front door of Rider buses.
- Pay the fare with exact change, Rider Bus Pass, Rider Spare Fare Card or Transfer Pass.
- If you need to get a Transfer Pass for the next Rider bus, please ask the driver as you board the bus.
- All Rider buses are equipped to accommodate two bikes on the front exterior bike rack. Load bikes onto front of bus prior to boarding.
Priority Seating for persons with disabilities has been designated near the front of the bus. Other passengers are asked to allow senior citizens and persons with disabilities to sit in this area, even if it means that other passengers are required to change seats or to stand.
- Take your seat as soon as possible.
- Do not change seats unless absolutely necessary.
- Children are not permitted to ride in strollers while on the bus. In addition, strollers must be closed and stowed safely while on the bus.
- Mobility devices utilized by passengers must be secured in the Priority Seating area while on the bus.
- Exit from the rear door when leaving a Rider bus. Persons with disabilities should use the front door, which is curb level.
- Surveillance cameras are in use on every Rider bus for your safety.
- Do not carry open cans, bottles, or food on the bus.
- Do not smoke on any Rider buses.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on Rider buses.
- Do not use profanity on Rider buses.
- Weapons are prohibited on the bus.
- No items, activities, or conditions are permitted on the bus that may pose a health hazard for other riders or transit staff.
- No disruptive behavior or abusive language will be permitted.
Along the road, Rider stops are marked with bus stop signs. Each sign indicates the bus route that is picked up at that location. To view and/or print out route maps with stops, go to our Maps and Schedules page.
- Exit from the rear door when leaving a Rider bus. This minor effort allows boarding passengers to use the front door and helps to keep the bus on schedule.
- Persons with disabilities should exit at the front of the bus, which is curb level.